Staying healthy is a key concern for most men. Maintaining your sexual health can provide significant benefits that include increased self-esteem, improved relationships and enhanced quality of life. For some men, penis enlargement surgery can be an important step toward improved sexual performance and added confidence in intimate situations. Understanding the ways in which your sexual health can impact your overall well-being can provide added help in managing a variety of conditions. Here are five key facts about sexual function that can potentially impact your general state of health.
Erectile Dysfunction May Be Caused by Underlying Health Issues
According to the experts at the Mayo Clinic, erectile dysfunction and fertility issues may be the result of a number of different health conditions:
- Cardiovascular issues, including atherosclerosis, high blood pressure and heart disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Serious injuries
- Alcoholism and tobacco use
- Use of certain prescription medications
- Lasting side effects of cancer treatments
In some cases, appointments intended to diagnose sexual dysfunctions may reveal these conditions and allow for earlier treatment and improved prognoses for men.
Treating One Condition May Remedy Another
The medications used to treat high blood pressure and to reduce the chance of heart attack and stroke can often have a positive effect on sexual function. By taking steps to address the most serious health conditions, men can often enjoy the added benefit of improved sexual performance and function. The increased confidence and self-esteem made possible by this improvement can be a real boon to overall sexual health.
A Number of Phalloplasty Options Are Available
Depending on the preferences of the patient and the recommendations of the physician, procedures are available that can extend the effective length of the penis or increase its girth:
- Lengthening procedures generally involve cutting or loosening the ligament that holds the penis against the pelvic bone. Releasing the suspensory ligament can significantly increase the visible and functional length of the penis to improve sexual confidence.
- Other procedures can increase the girth of the penis to create visible enlargement. This can be achieved by injecting fat or other thickening agents in a precise manner to create an aesthetically pleasing and functional result for patients.
Other procedures may also be used to improve the look and function of the penis and to repair damage caused by injuries and accidents.
Testosterone Can Do More Harm than Good
In some cases, testosterone treatments can actually reduce sex drive and functionality. By reporting any issues to your physician and using these therapies only as long as they are required, you can reduce the side effects of these hormone treatments.
Regular Sex Can Improve Health
Sexual activity with a regular partner can have a number of positive effects on health, including the following:
- Sex can lead to more restful sleep and reduced fatigue on a regular basis.
- Vigorous lovemaking can burn calories to combat obesity.
- Sexual activity has been linked with a reduced incidence of prostate cancer.
- According to a research study at the University of the West of Scotland, sex with a partner is estimated to be twice as effective as masturbation or abstinence in combating stress.
- A study conducted by the New England Research Institutes found that engaging in intimacy with a partner reduced the risk of cardiovascular events for men.
Staying sexually active with a trusted long-time partner can be a solid step toward better health.
Improving the aesthetics and sexual function of the penis through modern male enhancement procedures can have a positive effect on self-esteem and self-confidence, allowing men to enjoy an active and healthy sex life. Working with an established male enhancement specialist can ensure the most positive effects and the best results from your penis enlargement surgery.